Do you need support, but can’t make it to an in-person appointment? Are you a busy stay-at-home or working parent, and don’t have the time to drive across town for an appointment?
Do you live in a more rural area, or maybe you prefer to just do things virtually?
If so, I can help you through virtual therapy, or telehealth.
Telehealth allows me to provide counseling and therapy to clients at Peaceful Shore Therapy via live video conferencing. This can be done anywhere you have a computer or smartphone.
Telehealth appointments can be very beneficial if getting to a traditional in-person appointment is not convenient, or you simply just don’t want to.
Some things to consider when deciding if telehealth therapy is right for you or your child include:
- Do you have a comfortable, quiet, private place for you or your child for your sessions?
- Do you have an internet connection that will allow you to have a virtual session on most days without interruptions or technology challenges?
- Do you have a computer with audio and video capacity that will allow you to meet virtually?
- Would headphones or earbuds make it easier for you to hear and interact with your therapist during sessions
- Is your child old enough and do they have the attention span to engage in therapy by telehealth
- Is your child or teen someone who may do better with telehealth sessions than in person sessions. It should be noted that some children and teens are very comfortable with technology and this sometimes makes it easier for them to engage in treatment.
To learn more and get started with virtual therapy services, please contact us today.