Fees, Rates, & Insurance Information
The information below describes updated 2022 therapy session rates and fees, insurance information, agency cancellation policies, and the No Surprises Act implemented on January 1, 2022.
Therapy Session Fees
- Individual Therapy Intake Session (First Session, Approximately 60-90 minutes) – $185
- Individual Therapy Session (Approximately 45-60 minutes, in some cases trauma treatment involving EMDR and TFCBT may involve sessions that sometimes range 60-90minutes in duration) – $165
Because family therapy sessions involve more then one person a longer session duration is often needed.
- Clinical Assessment Session for Family Therapy (Approximately 90-120 minutes) – $220
- Family Therapy Session (Approximately 60-90 minutes) – $185
- Group Therapy Session – Fees for group therapy vary based on group type and length. Current groups being offered include:
- Telehealth Therapy Group for Adults with ADHD (Approximately 75-90 minutes, $40 per session) – This group combines cognitive behavioral therapy techniques, acceptance and commitment therapy techniques, psychoeducation about ADHD, and a supportive group environment to help client understand and develop skills to manage ADHD symptoms. This group may also help clients increase self-compassion and work towards goals to improve emotional health, relationships with others, performance at work or school, and/or completion of tasks at home. The group meets on Tuesdays at 6:00pm and is limited to eight group members. In order to join the group you must be an adult with an ADHD diagnosis. Please see the group therapy page for information about current groups being offered and the content of those groups. Please contact the group therapist Marissa Schnell, at Marissa@peacefulshoretherapy.com if you are interested in joining this group.
Assessments and Evaluation Fees
- Comprehensive Clinical Assessment – $550
- Specialized Trauma Assessment – $500
I am in network with several large insurance agencies individually or through an agency called Headway.
Headway is a large agency that handles insurance verification, billing and some client referrals for some therapists. If I am in-network with your insurance plan through Headway you will need to complete additional documentation for Headway prior to our first scheduled session in addition to the clinical paperwork I provide you with. To learn more about Headway please go their website at: https://headway.co/about-us
I currently accept the following insurance plans:
- Most Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plans including PPO plans and the state health plan
- Most Aetna plans through Headway
- Most United Health, Optum, Oxford and Oscar insurance plans through Headway
If you do not have one of these plans it is possible your insurance may offer out-of-network benefits for therapy. In this situation I can provide you with a superbill that you can submit to your insurance agency if you would like to attempt seek reimbursement on your own. For this option you are responsible to verify your own benefits and pay for your sessions at the time of your session regardless of whether your insurance will pay for all, some, or part of your therapy.
Please check back to see what panels we are on as we are continually evaluating this at Peaceful Shore Therapy and may be on panels in the future. Any insurance panels we are in network with will be listed in this section.
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible your therapy services may be covered in full or in part by your insurance and that they may not be covered.
Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services before scheduling a session. You are responsible for all costs for sessions if your insurance provider does not cover the costs for this service. Please remember that if you are seeking therapy services at Peaceful Shore Therapy, we are not an in network provider with any panels at this time.
I’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- What are benefits for in-network or paneled therapists or providers versus out of network providers?
- Does my health insurance cover telehealth therapy services?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
I accept all major credit cards and debit cards for payment. Payments are made through your electronic client portal that clients set up when they start services at Peaceful Shore Therapy, PLLC.
Your session time is reserved for you and no other client is able to reserve that same time slot. Therefore, If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled time. Otherwise, you will be charged for the full rate of the session.
If you cancel or reschedule three or more times without providing 24 hours notice we will discuss the situation and I may provide you with referrals for a different treatment provider.
The No Surprises Act and Good Faith Estimate Information
The No Surprises Act goes into effect on January 1, 2022 and currently impacts clients who are paying privately for medical and mental health services and those who are using out of network insurance benefits. At the present time clients who are using in-network insurance are not impacted by this policy; however in the future they most likely will be. Please click here https://peacefulshoretherapy.com/no-surprises-act-and-good-faith-estimate/ to access information about the No Surprises Act and the Good Faith Estimate.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!