Therapy for Anxiety
Do you often feel stressed or overwhelmed?
Is it hard to relax or have fun?
Do you want to feel happier,
more peaceful, or more confident?
I specialize in therapy for adults, children, and teens
with anxiety related to:
Major life changes or transitions
General anxiety or difficulty controlling worries
Traumatic or difficult past events
Relationship and work stressors
How can therapy help?
Therapy can help people reduce and manage anxiety symptoms in many different ways. Some of the possible outcomes of therapy for anxiety include:
- Understanding your brain’s role in anxiety symptoms and what strategies will help with this
- Developing improved coping strategies
- Developing mindfulness skills to enjoy the present moment and connect with the important people and events in your life
- Increasing your ability to cope with emotions
- Developing strategies to handle social situations or events that cause you significant anxiety
- Increasing your ability to participate in feared tasks that you would like to be able to tolerate or experience (e.g., driving on the interstate, public speaking, performing, competing academically or athletically, going to school, going to work)
- Strengthening your current relationships or increasing skills to develop new relationships
- Increasing your self confidence
- Developing skills to maintain healthy boundaries at work, home, and in relationships with others
- Feeling increased confidence to try new things